About Bexar RLC
The Bexar County Republican Liberty Caucus was chartered on July 11, 2014 to concentrate and build the power of liberty-minded Republicans in and near Bexar County.
Consistent with the libertarian philosophy, the Bexar County Republican Liberty Caucus believes—among other things—that:
- The Constitution should be amended to require a true balanced budget and a super-majority vote on all tax increases.
- Federal tax policy should be completely overhauled, with due consideration of alternatives like a single flat income tax or national sales tax.
- True charity is found in the voluntary efforts of compassionate individuals—not in redistributive government programs.
- The right to bear arms is a fundamental and inviolable human right.
- The federal government’s powers should be strictly limited to those enumerated in Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution.
- The Departments of Education, Commerce, Agriculture, Health and Human Services and Housing and Urban Development and the Drug Enforcement Administration should be phased out of existence.
- Government seizure of private communications without a warrant showing probable cause of a crime is unconstitutional.
- The nation should only go to war when faced with an imminent and clear threat to the United States, and only with a proper declaration by Congress.
- Foreign aid should be completely eliminated.
- The “War on Drugs” has been an expensive failure that’s led to terrible abuses of personal liberty.
- The separation of church and state is a vital safeguard to religious liberty.
- Government should have no role in defining or administering marriage.
To advance its beliefs, the Bexar County Republican Liberty Caucus works to:
- Identify and actively support political candidates who share our philosophy
- Help the public view issues in a way that reflects the founding vision of our nation
- Strengthen the voice of liberty Republicans within the Republican Party and influence the GOP platform
The Republican Liberty Caucus is a 527 voluntary grassroots membership organization dedicated to working within the Republican Party to advance the principles of individual rights, limited government and free markets. Founded in 1991, it is the oldest continuously operating organization within the Liberty Republican movement.